A high-speed, lightweight stream cipher algorithm ISO/IEC 18033-4-international standard
Officially recommended as as a recommended stream cipher in the e-Government Recommended Ciphers List in Japan
KCipher-2 is cipher algorithm that employs a proprietary architecture to enable high-speed encryption and decryption processing that is 7 to 10 times faster than that of Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) and other standards. Applying the KCipher-2 algorithm enables higher levels of security for a range of services, including multi-media content services and broadband communication services. In 2012, KCipher-2 was included in the ISO/IEC 18033-4 standards for stream cipher algorithms, and Japan’s Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications and Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry announced its selection as an e-Government-recommended cipher in March 2013.
- World’s fastest, most lightweight in a mobile phone
- Exceptionally high level of security margin
- Sales license
World’s Fastest, Most Lightweight in a Mobile Phone
- Speeds of over 5Gbps achieved on a PC. The KCipher-2 can decrypt a 4.7Gbyte movie in eight seconds, while AES takes 1.5 minutes.
- Speeds of over 380Mbps achieved on an Android-equipped smartphone. Decryption of 400 videos (100KB each) in approximately one second. This is approximately 7 to 10 times faster than the U.S. encryption standard AES.
- A CPU utilization rate of less than 0.5% has been achieved when decrypting 1seg-equivalent video on a mobile phone, achieving real-time processing that had been impossible with existing methods.
- The algorithm configuration does not rely on CPU architecture. It can provide sufficient performance in a range of environments.
Exceptionally High Level of Security Margin
- KCipher-2 employs a proprietary architecture to ensure a high level of security.
- The algorithm can be customized in line with the required grade of security.
- ISO/IEC 18033-4 International standard stream cipher
- Selected as a recommended stream cipher in the e-Government Recommended Ciphers List in Japan
- Published as IETF RFC 7008
- KCipher-2 SDK for Windows (XP, Vista, 7)
- KCipher-2 SDK for Windows 7 (64bit)
- KCipher-2 SDK for Java
- KCipher-2 SDK for Linux
- KCipher-2 SDK for Brew
- KCipher-2 SDK for Android
- KCipher-2 SDK for iPhone
- KCipher-2 SDK for Perl
In line with order, available as embedded or customized software, or in other variations.
- KCipher is a trademark and a registered trademark of KDDI Corporation.
- KCipher-2 is a cipher algorithm researched by KDDI Research, Inc. and Kyushu University, and developed by KDDI Corporation.
- KCipher-2 SDK is an SDK for KCipher-2 made available for sale by KDDI Research.
- KDDI Research and the KDDI Research logo marks are trademarks or registered trademarks of KDDI Research, Inc.
- iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc.
- Microsoft, Windows and Windows NT are registered trademarks of U.S.-based Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
- The official name of Windows is Microsoft Windows Operating System.
- Pentium is a registered trademark of U.S.-based Intel Corporation
- Other company names and product names stated above are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- The contents of this page, as well as product specifications, may be revised without prior notice in order to make improvements.