N2 Speech Synthesis Software
Lightweight Japanese speech synthesis software saving memory
An SDK for developers, embeddable in smartphone apps and IoT devices
The text-to-speech (TTS) library of N2 speech synthesis software for Japanese-language voice reading conserves memory and runs light on a smartphone or stand-alone Linux micro-computer board. With the library embedded in a variety of applications, users can experience high-performance Japanese-language text reading function.
*Samples available below.
Features and Functions
- Memory saving, lightweight
- Runs on stand-alone devices
- A user-defined pronunciation lexicon
- Supports input based on character strings including prosodic symbols
- Free-of-charge edition is now available for Linux (NOTE: for use only in Japan)
- N2 TTS, a text-to-speech engine for Android, is currently available free of charge from Google Play (only in Japan).
Memory Saving and Lightweight
- Lightweight voice font data is achieved by employing an HMM-based speech synthesis system and a proprietary technology to lighten synthesis processing.
Runs on Stand-Alone Devices
- When using the speech reading function, network connections to mobile phones or other links are unnecessary.
A use-defined pronunciation lexicon
- You can refine the pronunciation of the word with the custom user dictionary.
Supports Input Based on Character Strings Including Prosodic Symbols
- More than just the mix of Chinese characters and Japanese phonetic, or kana, characters that comprise Japanese writing, this software also allows for input of kana text strings* including prosodic symbols.
*JEITA IT-4006, Symbols for Japanese Text-to-Speech Synthesizer, kana-level notation
Free-of-charge edition is now available for Linux (NOTE: for use only in Japan)
- You can use "N2" for prototyping of IoT equipment etc. NOTE:”N2 free-of-charge edition" is functionally equivalent to the N2 SDK for Linux, but use of the software is permitted only for 30 days after installation. Also, in order to use the software, you need to agree to "N2 Linux Free of Charge Edition Terms.
N2 TTS, a text-to-speech engine for Android, is currently available free of charge from Google Play (only in Japan). NOTE: N2 TTS is currently available only in Japan.
- The text-to-speech engine N2 TTS for Android is a plug-in speech synthesis engine, based on Android OS, that uses the Japanese language speech software N2 to save memory and run light on stand-alone devices. N2 TTS is compliant with Android’s standard speech synthesis interface, and a simple setting is all that is needed to be able to add a Japanese-language text reading function to Android smartphones. Google Play offers free downloads of N2 TTS, so be sure to give it a try.
＜Features of the software＞
- Compliant with Android’s standard speech synthesis interface. With just a simple setting, users can add a Japanese-language text reading function to their Android smartphones, enabling them to use Japanese language-speech synthesis with a variety of applications.
- Together with employing an HMM-based speech synthesis system that can synthesize speech from small volumes of data, N2 uses proprietary high-speed processing to enable the use of a range of voice font data (10 voices each for male and female) and simultaneous use of a variety of processing that had been difficult to achieve on Android devices in the past.
＜How to download and install＞
For further details on the setting method, please see the explanation on N2 TTS provided by Google Play. N2 TTS is an app for a speech synthesis engine that offers only basic speech synthesis processing. To utilize the actual reading function, it will be necessary to separately obtain an app for speech synthesis function from Google Play or other sites.
※”Google”,”Google logo”,”Google Play”,”Google Play logo”,”Android”,”Android logo”are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google Inc..
※”Linux” is a trademark or registered trademark of Linus Torvalds.
※”Twitter”, “Twitter logo” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Twitter, Inc..
※”ARM”,”Cortex”are trademarks or registered trademarks of ARM Ltd..
※”Java” is trademarks or registered trademark of Oracle Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
※”iOS” is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco Systems, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries.
※”Apple”,”Xcode”,”OSX” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Computer Inc..
※”Debian” is a trademark of Software in the Public Interest, Inc..
※”Ubuntu” is a trademark or registered trademark of Canonical Ltd..
※”Raspberry Pi” is trademark of The Raspberry Pi Foundation.
※”Microsoft”,”Windows” are trademarks or registered trademarks of U.S.-based Microsoft Corporation in the U.S. and other countries.
※All other brand names and product names are trademarks held by their respective owners.
※These specifications may change without prior notification.