MPEG SDK library including picture quality evaluation for codec
MP-Factory is a software development kit (SDK) that provides a multitude of functions, including a video and audio codec that supports a variety of video services, such as those associated with digital terrestrial television broadcasting, IPTV, acTVila, and Blu-ray, automatic picture quality evaluation, frame-accurate high-speed editing, and RTP transmitting and receiving.
- High-quality encoding engine
- Proprietary automatic picture quality evaluation
- Multiple formats and functions
- SDK provided for various kind of formats
- Easy-to-use encoding applications
High-Quality Encoding Engine
Adaptive picture quality control technology, provided by KDDI Research, Inc.’ originally developed algorithm, enables optimal encoding processing, for applications from mobile video to 4K video quality.
Possible to set detailed encoding parameters, and easy-to-set for a variety of service specifications, including 1 seg., acTVila and more
Proprietary Automatic Picture Quality Evaluation
Based on evaluation function of subjective picture quality (mean opinion score ：MOS), and detection function of abnormal frames, provided by KDDI Research, Inc.’ originally developed algorithms, quality inspecting operations for MPEG contents become significantly more efficient.
This proprietary subjective picture quality evaluation technology is capable of automatically measuring the state of picture quality degradation, in place of the human eye. It achieves a correlation with subjective picture quality (MOS) of approximately 0.9. In addition, not only does it equip a reference type picture quality evaluation function that uses raw video prior to video encoding, but it also has non-reference type (Hybrid Non-reference type using encoding information and decoded video) picture quality evaluation functions.
Provides a range of measurement parameters necessary for automatic quality inspecting, such as a function to detect video frame abnormalities (black frame, freeze frame, and others) and a function to acquire audio data (loudness, silent intervals, others)
Various Formats and Functions
Support for a wide range of service specifications, including digital terrestrial television broadcasting (1seg, 12 Seg), IPTV, acTVila, Blu-ray and more, for applications from mobile use to 4K video.
More than just a encoding function, MP-Factory can be used across a broad range of workflows as it provides a multitude of functions, including decoding, automatic picture quality evaluation, multiplexing and demultiplexing, caption insertion for 1 seg., frame-accurate high-speed editing and RTP transmitting and receiving.
- Encoding: compression of non-compressed video and audio data in MPEG format
- Decoding: decodes MPEG format video and audio data into an non-compressed format
- Multiplexing and demultiplexing: executes multiplexing and demultiplexing of MPEG format video and audio data
- Analysis: acquires information on MPEG video data header and encoded data
- Picture quality evaluation: executes picture quality evaluation on MPEG video and audio data quality evaluation and detects abnormalities
- Editing: performs frame-accurate cut editing of MPEG video and audio data
- RTP transmitting and receiving: transmits and receives MPEG video and audio data with RTP format
- Caption insertion for Digital terrestrial broadcasting: performs production of caption data for 1seg and transport stream (TS) multiplexing
SDK provided for various kind of formats
In addition to the common C++ interface, Primitive SDK, for flexibly controlling a variety of functions, MP-Factory offers software components compatible with a Windows OS-based library of DirectShow and ActiveX (DirectShow/ActiveX SDK) frameworks, making for easy development of real-time applications.
Also possible to provide Primitive SDK on Linux OS
Easy-to-use Encoding Applications (Sold Separately)
A simple GUI screen and encoding preset enable the easy creation of 4K HEVC contents. In addition, MP-Factory equips a batch processing function, and it is possible to efficiently develop multiple contents.
MP-Factory’s 4K HEVC Encoder [NEW]
Main window: selection of input video sources and encoding intervals, set of encoding parameters, and registration of the encoding job (encoding process unit)
Preview window: preview of input video sources (frame feed/frame return), designation of encoding intervals
Job management window: status confirmation, deletion, and other tasks for the encoding job registered in the main window
□ Output format
□ Input format
- The input video and output video format (screen size, frame rate, bit depth) must be the same.
- In the event that sequential DPX is designated for the input video, an audio WAVE file must be specified.
- If the input video screen size is over 3840 x 2160, the image should be clipped to the center area and then encoded.
In addition, the horizontal and vertical size must be in multiples of four of that of the original size prior to clipping.
□ Operating environment