Achieve a secure thin client in the USB key and smartphone
K-VPN enables secure remote access to a workplace PC from a user’s home or anywhere on the move. It offers a work environment just like that in the office, over the Internet. In addition, because it uses an OS stored in a USB memory stick, no business data is stored on the client PC.
K-VPN was recognized with the prize for excellence at the 10th Telework Promotion Awards in 2009.
Easy to connect
- Connection is as easy as simply executing the application on the USB. Pre-installation is not required.*
*Can also be used by installing software.
A high level of security
- K-VPN achieves a robust level of security by combining different authentication methods.
|Possession-based authentication||Verifies that the connected user is the one who is in possession of the specified mobile phone.|
|Knowledge-based authentication||Verifies that the connected user knows the specified ID and password. This is performed when the user connects to the VPN and when logging into the company computer at the office.|
|Public-key certificate-based authentication||Verifies that the connected user is using the proper USB for connection. The public-key certificate is safely stored on the USB, making unauthorized connections impossible, such as copying the certificate to another USB.|
|Device-based authentication||Verifies that the connected user is connected from the specified device. The network equipment’s MAC address is transmitted to the server, and connection is only permitted when the addresses match.|
- User management is carried out with simple operations. Enable and disable settings are also possible with a single click over the Web.
- Mobile communications stoppage is equivalent to authentication failure. This takes the burden off of managers, enabling usage to be halted quickly.*
*This requires use of au’s mobile Emergency Communications Termination service and other mobile emergency communications termination services.
Advantages of System Deployment
- Achieving a flexible workstyle through telework
- Productivity enhanced to streamline business operations
- Business continuity risks minimized (BCP measures)
- Effective use of assets to control total cost of ownership (TCO)